So the only thing I have been craving lately is… cheesecake. But cheesecake isn’t really the best when you’re trying to look good in a swimsuit. Luckily, I decided to experiment with a new recipe. These low carb mini cheesecakes were one of the recipes I gave exclusively to e-mail subscribers, but I’ve decided it’s just too good not to share.
My kids and husband ask for this dessert all the time! The best part is it’s literally 3 ingredients, 4 if you add fruit, take seconds to make andddd it’s sugar free!
The recipe makes 4 low carb mini cheesecakes, which is perfect for just a random dessert during the week, but you could easily double it and bring it to a party or get together. It’s a new recipe for us, but I already am planning on making it for Fourth of July and Thanksgiving, that way we have some lower calorie (but still equally delicious) options at the dessert table this year.
You could definitely add some crushed graham crackers to this, which I am considering doing next time I make it, but it’s not necessary.
One Quick Tip:
Definitely go with chopped fresh fruit over preserves/ pie filling to avoid added sugars. We use chopped strawberries. Any other berry would be great too.
- 8 ounces reduced fat Cream Cheese (we used the Kroger brand half cream cheese, half greek yogurt block)
- 1 packet of Sugar Free, Fat Free Cheesecake Flavored Pudding Mix
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 Strawberries, diced (optional)
- Beat room temperature cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in pudding mix and 1/4 cup of the milk.
- Beat, then and in remaining milk.
- Spoon into 3 oz dessert cups with chopped strawberries (if desired).
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and enjoy.