So the only thing I have been craving lately is… cheesecake. But cheesecake isn’t really the best when you’re trying to look good in a swimsuit. Luckily, I decided to experiment with a new recipe. These low carb mini cheesecakes were one of the recipes I gave exclusively to e-mail subscribers, but I’ve decided it’s just too good not to share.
My kids and husband ask for this dessert all the time! The best part is it’s literally takes seconds to make, is low carb, andddd it’s high protein!
The recipe makes 5 low carb mini cheesecakes, which is perfect for just a random dessert during the week, but you could easily double it and bring it to a party or get together. It’s a new recipe for us, but I already am planning on making it for Fourth of July and Thanksgiving, that way we have some lower calorie (but still equally delicious) options at the dessert table this year.
One Quick Tip:
Definitely go with chopped fresh fruit over preserves/ pie filling to avoid added sugars. We use chopped strawberries. Any other berry would be great too. But if I’m being completely honest, I almost prefer it without any berries at all. Just crunch crushed honey graham crackers 😉
- 1 1/2 cups plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 packet of Sugar Free, Fat Free Cheesecake Flavored Pudding Mix
- 1 cup lite Cool Whip
- 4 Strawberries, diced
- 1 cup crushed honey graham crackers
- ***4 ounces of cream cheese (optional)
- Beat all ingredients until smooth.
- Layer 1/8 cup graham cracker crumbs, a couple spoonfuls of cheesecake mixture, strawberries, more cheesecake mixture and then top with remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and enjoy.
If you add in the optional cream cheese, it will have a stronger cheesecake flavor. It is optional. We usually make it without if it's just for us, but if it's for a party we will throw in the cream cheese.