**Update: FREE printable cheat sheet with calories & macro-nutrient breakdown from healthy fast food AND sit down restaurants down below!**
I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but there really are some healthy fast food choices out there! Are they going to be the best option? Not always. And they probably won’t use all organic products, but they will do just fine when you’re in a pinch!
We definitely are huge believers in meal prep, but when you’re constantly on the go, or have a large family it’s not always the most realistic to have every meal prepped ahead of time. And sometimes, even if we have our lunch prepped we forget to grab it on our way out the door! I know Scott & I can’t be the only ones that has happened to!
So what do we do? How do we stay on track when our lunches aren’t packed? We opt for fast food.
We are going to break down a little cheat sheet for you of some healthier menu options from popular fast food restaurants to hopefully make your lunch break a little easier and, possibly, a little healthier too!
Macro Friendly Fast Food Choices:
- Chicken Burrito Bowl with Brown Rice & Pinto beans, no sour cream, no cheese (500 calories, 42 g protein, 13.5 g fat, 57 g carbs)
- 3 Crispy Corn Tacos with chicken (or steak), fajita veggies, fresh tomato salsa, & romaine lettuce (440 calories, 36 g protein, 15.5 g fat, 37 g carbs)
**really any salad works here, just be aware of the carbs from the rice & beans [adds roughly 50 g carbs]
- Spinach and Feta Wrap (290 calories, 19 g protein, 10 g fat, 33 g carbs)
- Zesty Chicken & Black Bean Salad Bowl (360 calories, 14 g protein, 15 g fat, 38 g carbs)
- Protein Bistro Box (370 calories, 13 g protein, 19 g fat, 37 g carbs)
- Grilled Chicken Cool Wrap (350 calories, 37 g protein, 14 g fat, 29 g carbs)
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich (310 calories, 29 g protein, 6 g fat, 36 g carbs)
- Superfood Side Salad (190 calories, 4 g protein, 9 g fat, 25 g carbs)
- Spicy Southwest Salad (290 calories, 29 g protein, 8 g fat, 27 g carbs) [ A reader brought it to my attention that the Creamy Salsa dressing doubles your calories and adds 31 grams of fat. It wasn’t on the online nutrition facts, so please watch your dressings! Not just on this salad, but every salad. It’s an easy way to make something healthy very unhealthy]
- Grilled Nuggets (140 calories, 25 g protein, 3.5 g fat, 2 g carbs)
- Fruit Cup (35 calories, 0 g protein, 0 g fat, 8 g carbs)
- Greek Yogurt Parfait (230 calories, 12 g protein, 9 g fat, 28 g carbs)
- Asian Cashew Chicken Salad (380 calories, 36 g protein, 14 g fat, 32 g carbs)
- Grilled Chicken Wrap (270 calories, 20 g protein, 11 g fat, 24 g carbs)
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich (360 calories, 35 g protein, 8 g fat, 38 g carbs)
- Small Rich & Meaty Chili (170 calories, 15 g protein, 5 g fat, 16 g carbs)
- Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich, no mayo (360 calories, 33 g protein, 6 g fat, 43 g carbs)
- Fruit ‘N Yogurt Parfait (150 calories, 4 g protein, 2 g fat, 30 g carbs)
- Egg White Delight McMuffin (250 calories, 17 g protein, 8 g fat, 29 g carbs)
- Bacon Ranch Grilled Chicken Salad (320 calories, 42 g protein, 14 g fat, 9 g carbs)
- Southwest Grilled Chicken Salad (350 calories, 37 g protein, 12 g fat, 27 g carbs)
- 2 Crunchy Tacos (330 calories, 16 g protein, 19 g fat, 26 g carbs)
- Spicy Tostada (210 calories, 6 g protein, 10 g fat, 22 g carbs)
- BK Veggie Burger, no mayo (310 calories, 22 g protein, 7 g fat, 42 g carbs)
- Hamburger (220 calories, 11 g protein, 8 g fat, 26 g carbs)
- Garden Grilled Chicken Salad (320 calories, 36 g protein, 14 g fat, 16 g carbs)
- Tendergrill Chicken Sandwich, no mayo (320 calories, 32 g protein, 6 g fat, 35 g carbs)
- Jalapeño All-Natural Turkey Burger (500 calories, 31 g protein, 22 g fat, 43 g carbs)
- Low Carb Charbroiled Chicken Club (400 calories, 32 g protein, 27 g fat, 9 carbs)
- Original Grilled Chicken Salad (280 calories, 18 g protein, 12 g fat, 26 g carbs)
- 1/3 Pound Low Carb Thick Burger, no mayo (380 calories, 22 g protein, 27 g fat, 9 g carbs) *high fat*
As a general rule, you can cut out about 30 g carbs on a burger by using a lettuce wrap in place of a bun. Every fast food restaurant allows you to ditch the bun! So, don’t be afraid to ask!
There are good, better, and best options when it comes to healthy eating. Healthy fast food may not be the best option, but it definitely is a better one than others! These aren’t the only healthy items on the menu. Use your best judgement. Most fast food places also offer side salads and fruit cups in case none of these work for your diet.
65+ macro friendly menu items from popular fast food & sit down restaurants!
Want our printable healthier fast food AND restaurant menu item cheat sheet?